Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Check Mate...

My "Check Mate" card is inspired by this week's challenge at Runway Inspired Blog spot and this week's Pinspired Challenge :) 






In making this card I am inspired by the colors in Runway challenged and by the words like BOLD & CONFIDENT displayed in Pinspired challenge. So to combine both these challenges I thought about the game chess where one player WINS over the other by Checkmate :). Hence, the color scheme and the sentiment showcase the two challenges.

I made the chess board by cutting a 3X3" White cardstock, then drew the grid lines and colored with by Sharpie Black marker to create a chess board. I then hand drew and cut the kings used in chess, stuck them with foam dots and finally added the sentiment :)


I want to play this card for -

1. Pinspired Challenge #4





2. Runway Inspired Challenge ric#31 - kate spade NY




Hope u enjoy my card :)

7 comments:

  1. What a cool card. The board looks great...nice and clean. I also like how you were inspired by the BOLD Pinspired Challenges pin. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and creative! This check board card is lovely! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card...great design..thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative take! Love the chess board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked this, Deepti!! I can't believe you made your own chess board. The execution is flawless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun take on the challenge. I like that you were inspired by the words! Thanks for playing Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't believe you cut the chess pieces out! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired!

    ReplyDelete